Sunday, October 28, 2007

Maxie's having a sleepover

while I head off for a three day retreat with the PNWD ministers. Max has made a lot of progress in the past week and, in fact, I was hopeful that I would have a snuggly picture of him and Lily snoozing within a whisker's length of each other this afternoon. But the tender scene didn't last long enough for me to capture it photographically, so you'll have to wait. Loosy is still quite unfriendly to Max, but Lily is warming up and barely bares her teeth when he encroaches on her territory. It's just a matter of time.

A couple of local friends are taking Max in while I'm gone, as I didn't feel he was ready to be alone with the L's for three days, being re-supplied with food only every 24 hours by the catsitter. When I dropped him off, he busily undertook to explore his new digs and had settled in quite nicely under my friends' rapt gaze. Their old kitty Miss Ophelia recently gave up the ghost, so they had extra cat litter and bowls and were happy to take him in for a few days.

I'm very much looking forward to this retreat. I need a break. In tallying up my hours recently, I realized that by the end of today, I will have worked over 90 hours, a far cry from the 60 I'm contracted for. It all had to be done, but I'm realizing that I have got to quit being so available! Maybe in November? In any case, I will be offline for the most part till Wednesday, though I may be able to check email periodically. See you when I get back!

2 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Ohhh! Shweet kitty sleepover! I know your little guy will be well-entertained while you're gone, and happy to see his new mama & sisters when you return.

Have a safe trip, Ms. K!

Lilylou said...

Thanks, Miss K. I went to get Maxie last night from his sleepover hosts and they were loathe to give him up, despite the fact that he had learned to climb the drapes, scratch the leather upholstery, and batted a golf ball around all night long. His Auntie Carol and Uncle Roy have said he can come back any time, but I'm not too sure they won't lure him away for good with promises of sister-free meals and litter boxes.