Monday, October 22, 2007

I laughed so hard, tears ran down my leg.

A poster caption sent to me by my sister in this morning's email. I told her it was appropriate this morning as I sat on the floor of the guest room and watched Maxie try to screw up his courage to come take food out of my hand. When he couldn't do that, he decided he'd play for me, leaping on the scrap of furry fabric I'd left on the rug, jumping madly in and out of his bed box, chasing his tail, and skittering along the edge of the bedframe, inches away from me but not close enough to be petted.

I figure he's warming up to something. Hopefully it will be today and I'll be able to pick him up and hold him. He hasn't been willing to be held since Saturday, but he's getting more comfortable.

I've been able to observe him more closely and I'll take a camera into the room today sometime and see if I can catch him in the act so you can see how beautiful he is.

No comments: