Thursday, June 14, 2007

The wedding bells are tuning up!

Tomorrow morning, I'll hop the Whidbey/SeaTac shuttle at 7 a.m. and head for the airport, arriving in Reno about noon for the big wedding weekend.

I'm excited as can be about the wedding. My son and his bride have been preparing for their wedding with my extension training pal Catherine, so I'm excited about seeing her again too. And I'll be able to see family members I haven't seen for a long time---Mike's dad and his wife, uncles, aunts, and cousins who have been far-flung for quite awhile, my sister and her husband who will be my roomies during the weekend.

I'm all packed, the plants are watered, the check for the catsitter is on the fridge, all systems are go. I probably won't be able to write again until I'm back home on Monday night. I got my camera charged up and it has lots of storage space on the memory card, so I hope to have a few pictures of the wedding to display when I get back.

So, till then...

2 comments:

Chalicechick said...

Have a great time!

LinguistFriend said...

After rereading your enthusiastic post before going off to the wedding, I am reminded of the need for what Dostoyevsky called "a remarkable capacity for the most contradictory sensations" when afterwards one thinks back over the occasion. It is not necessarily a bad capacity (as Dostoyevsky implied), and sometimes it can be soul-saving, I suspect. Perhaps it is part of the skill-set that lets (some) ministers navigate through complex situations better than the rest of us.
LinguistFriend

P.S. In case someone asks, the phrase is in "Notes from Underground", an exquisitely painful little book.