Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It has been eleven long days since...

I had access to my own computer. Finally, today, I was able to pick it up from the repair shop. Fortunately, it was all warranty work. Unfortunately, the problem was a bad hard drive, so I have lost all my data and need to rebuild from almost-scratch. Comcast still has all my email and many files are accessible through my email notes, so not all is lost. But it is an immense pain, still.

Please bear with me while I re-organize my desktop and files and I will think of something to write about later on today or tomorrow.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I had two hard drive deaths last July, and it was really unpleasant. You have my deepest sympathies. My friend Anne (the Windows person at a college) says that the average hard drive life span is 18 months.

Lilylou said...

To add insult to injury, I have a MacBook, having always had Macs, and I have never had any repairs on any of them till this. I was quite offended!

Stephanie said...

That's funny because when I had all my computer problems the response from just about everyone was: Why don't you get a Mac? :)

Lilylou said...

I used to say that myself, Ms. T. I may have to revise my advice.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms.Kitty,

I just replaced the hinge/screen bracket on my 2 year old PC. That's after the hard drive was wiped. The guy who helped me with that saved most of my files on his huge drive collection. All better now, but still pretty traumatic. Next I need to get my e-mail address book back up before GA. No other tool breaking is so frustrating!

See You In Portland

Bill K.

Lilylou said...

Hey, Bill, it will be great to see you!