Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sorry to have to turn comment moderation back on...

but it seemed like the best thing to do.

In other news, tomorrow will be a clear liquids day for me, as Thursday is one of "those" tests. I'm not looking forward to it, but it will soon be over and done with.

I think the hardest part of an examination of one's innards is the run-up to it, and for me that means the deprived feeling of having to limit my food to certain things. It's probably why I have little success with dieting. I HATE being hungry. I am inclined to feed my face any time I have the slightest hunger pang. Luckily, I don't nosh on stuff that's bad for me, most of the time anyhow.

In addition to the other irritating things of the past several days (including the test prep anxiety), I discovered Sunday that the big window in the living room had gotten a long, slender crack from top to bottom. I doctored it with duct tape, called a glass guy on Monday, and now have to live with strips of duct tape holding the window together until the glass can be ordered and installed. I have no idea how the crack got there; surely the cats could not have done it, as the window was well protected by the couch pillows which would have absorbed the dull thud of Maxie caroming off its surface. It's a mystery.

One thing that did go extremely well was the sermon on Sunday. People responded very positively and Malcolm and I had a good time preparing for it. Afterwards, a bunch of us went out to dinner at the Chinese place, which is always a good way to wind down.

And my chaplaincy time at the hospital was satisfying today. Being useful always diminishes my anxiety.

Oh, yes, and the comments that were deleted from the Humanism post? You can see them if you care to by googling the author and reading them there. You will see that they aren't terrible, just off my topic and onto his favorite rant. At Ms. Kitty's, that's a good way to get 86'ed. It's my saloon; I get to say what happens there.

6 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Ms. K - I liked your posts on humanism, I'll try to get my DH to read them. He laments sometimes that humanism is getting shorter shrift these days.

Good luck with the test. And... I miss chaplaincy... Being in classes and learning about yet another theological viewpoint is just not Ministry!

Steve Caldwell said...

I'm hoping for the best possible outcome here -- after the discomfort of your upcoming medical procedure, your results are "everything is OK."

Lilylou said...

Thanks, EB and Steve, for your good wishes. I expect a good outcome and not so bad discomfort, just the disruption of a familiar routine.

I felt the same way after my chaplaincy, for awhile, EB. It was hard to take some of my coursework very seriously after being in the center of real life for 10 weeks. I remember distressing my Methodist theology professor by describing Christian theology as "a house of cards". The contrast was so striking between the CPE setting and the classroom.

Stephanie said...

Good luck with your tests!

Miss Kitty said...

Best of luck with your tests! You're in my thoughts & prayers.

I don't like comment moderation, but after I got some random, very nasty, personal-attack comments a couple years ago, I felt I *had* to turn it on. As you put it so well, it's YOUR (my) saloon, and you (I) get to decide what's posted in there.

Lilylou said...

Thanks for your good wishes, friends. So far, the preparation has been minimally uncomfortable and I'm feeling good. In fact, I may decide to do an occasional clear liquids day, just because I know I can and because it has helped disrupt my grazing routine, which has gotten to be too calorie-laden.

My ride is coming in a little over an hour and I should be home by 1 p.m or so. See you then.