Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bluesy Tuesday

We out here in Washington State don't get to caucus until Saturday by which time we will have a better idea of what voters are thinking about Democratic candidates. That's okay. It's not making me blue.

The FS called last night to report that things in Reno are going well; they're getting new thermal windows in their recently-purchased house; the kids are doing fine; the FDIL is well. No crises there. It's not making me blue.

The Vagina Monologues performances are this weekend and we cast members are invited to bring representations of our "passion" for something---art, writings, etc. I have dug out some pictures of me leading singing at an interfaith worship service for marriage equality a couple of years ago, wearing my robe and rainbow stole. Anticipation there. It's not making me blue.

A consultation session with a doctor yesterday to get ready for a routine colonoscopy went fine. No worries there. It's not making me blue. Very much, anyhow.

A dearly loved person called me yesterday and just left a voice mail saying that they were immediately off to be with their adult child, whose spouse had just died unexpectedly, and would I please do thus and so to make sure their house was okay, their VM tickets were passed along to another person, and other details taken care of. Okay, now I'm blue, really blue.

It's hard to know something so tragic and be unable to do anything directly, only able to leave supportive voice mails, hope for a return call, pray hard for their wellbeing and safety and for the comforting of the family. In a situation where a pastoral presence would be welcomed, I can only hope that they can feel my love and care from many miles away. Blue, blue, blue.

4 comments:

Lizard Eater said...

A "cyber hug" being sent your way...

The other day, I was thinking about prayer, and how sometimes I pray because there is nothing else I can do ... and I have to do something.

Lilylou said...

Thanks, LE, the hug helps. Last night I was "craying", I guess, crying and praying at the same time, and I'm not sure which helped more. But my grief for them has morphed into blues and that's a shift that I understand and can stay with.

Anonymous said...

More hugs your way, Rev. Kit. I'll tell you what others have been telling me these days: you ARE doing something.

Lilylou said...

Thanks, Momma. It helped this morning to go to the hospital and do my chaplaincy volunteer schtick.