Thursday, December 18, 2008

Five inches and counting

When I went out to get the newspaper this morning about 5:30, it hadn't yet arrived and the mailbox was so frozen I could hardly open it to put my Netflix envelopes in and raise the flag. Max, who normally is undaunted by weather, stayed on the deck rather than accompany me down the driveway and clamored to come back in once I returned to the house. (Later he got his nerve up and went back out again and when I went down a second time to see if the paper was here, I could see his tracks bounding across the landscape.)

Dang! We have got to get in a rehearsal for our Trilogy performance in a few weeks. We had planned to get together today at 1 p.m., but I'm not sure we'll be able to do that. Richard wants to record us so that we have CDs to give people for Christmas and we had scheduled it for this afternoon. He does have 4-wheel drive but for him to come over and pick me up means lots of miles out of his way. I'm not sure what we'll do.

Tomorrow night is---I hope---our first Young Adult activity, a meal and get-together at the church, with child care. I hope the weather allows it. I hope the weather allows the pageant rehearsal Saturday morning and the BVS rehearsal Saturday afternoon. I hope it allows church on Sunday! Surely it will be better by Christmas Eve. By Dec. 27, when I fly to Reno? Please?

No comments: