Monday, August 06, 2007

CC turned me on to this quiz.

I found this quiz on Chalice Chick's blog this morning, as I was trolling the blogroll for new posts. I'm at Seabeck Conference Center, it's early morning pre-breakfast check-the-email-and-blogs time, and I don't have time to write a regular post right now, so this is it!

It's interesting to find that this is my "inner European", because my ancestry is mostly Scandinavian. My maternal grandparents met on board a ship to the United States. She was Norwegian and he was Swedish and the quarrels of their countries came together in their marriage. Though my dad brought a "League of Nations" to my parents' marriage, I feel most connected with my Scandinavian roots.

Your Inner European is Swedish!

Relaxed and peaceful.
You like to kick back and enjoy life.

3 comments:

Comrade Kevin said...

CC also prompted me to take the same quiz.

I came out as French, which I can understand quite well, though my roots are decidedly Irish, Scotch/Irish, and English.

LinguistFriend said...

I just took the quiz that CC referred to, and my inner European is also Swedish (CC will verify my admiration for Sverige)! I had no idea what to expect from the quiz, but I have visited Sweden and given a couple of papers there, and loved it. On the other hand, my favorite prospective EU city according to another quiz turns out to be Amsterdam. A scientific colleague of mine at the Royal Inst. of Technology in Stockholm was very amused at how much I liked the Stockholm weather, which had a Seattle streak of rain when I was there. On the other hand, the guys who made the quiz probably don't know about Prague, which is an open-air Baroque museum and pretty wonderful, but now is expensive compared to when I was there.
LinguistFriend

Jane R said...

Same with me -- my Inner European is Russian and about a third of my ancestors were Russian.

On the "What Country Are You?" quiz from another online quiz thing, though, I end up as Spain, or, depending on the variation in my answers, Costa Rica or sometimes Brazil or Thailand.