Things I have been waking up in the night thinking about:
1. Where the heck is Max? It's midnight!
2. Why can't these dumbos lay off of Obama? I know he's not perfect, not the knight in shining armor. He's made mistakes. His faith in Congress is touching but it's not getting things done. But he's the best we've got right now. And the Re-pubs are a mess. A scary mess, however.
3. Gosh, it was fun on Sunday to see everyone hugging each other and shouting "I love you and there's not a thing you can do about it!"
4. When will Lily succumb to temptation and come and scratch or meow at the closed bedroom door, despite the fact that she KNOWS I will come after her with a squirt bottle?
5. A Christmas cruise! with the FS and family! what a great invitation!
6. The country seems to be going to hell in a handbasket. Oh, wait, they are making progress on DADT. Even so.....Congress needs a come-to-Jesus moment. Both sides need it, not just their side!
7. I wish there was somebody next to me that I could just roll over and cuddle with. Besides Loosy.
8. What about that sermon on Feb. 28? Maybe Thomas and I could sing the verses to "Standing on the Side of Love" and let the congregation sing the chorus.
9. Friend Sue will be here this week so we can commute to the District Assembly across the water. Ooo, she's a night person and I'm a morning person. How is this going to work? We need to catch the 11 p.m. ferry one night coming home and be on the 7 a.m. ferry the next morning to get to Bellevue by 8. Yikes! I wonder if we will. If we don't, I'll be worn out the next morning.
10. Where the heck is Max? It's 2 a.m.!
11. Oh, Maxie, there you are. Snore.