Thursday, August 31, 2006

MIGHTY MOUSE

Two weeks ago I got a new MacBook and sold my still-very-good Emac to a friend, all in the service of getting a new printer to replace the old broken-down Epson. Apple was giving away HP printers if you bought a Mac, so, of course, I succumbed to the lure of more memory, more bells and whistles, and a small, portable footprint on the desk.

But I've always used a mouse to navigate and learning to deal with the track pad had me frustrated and feeling inept. I couldn't remember which movement I could use where and when I had to scoot the cursor manually to scroll, etc. You get the picture. I was more than all thumbs------I was all feet. Shades of that old movie, "My Left Foot", only I was much less accomplished than Daniel Day-Lewis.

I wanted my handy dandy little mouse back, only it had gone off to the shores of Scatchet Head with its new owner. I struggled to get better with the track pad, but by Tuesday it just hadn't happened, so on a trip into Seattle, I stopped off at the Apple store and bought MIGHTY MOUSE! MM is a Bluetooth device, wireless, smoooth as cream and as beautiful. MM (maybe I should name this mouse Marilyn?) has done what I needed her to do------make working and playing on the computer as easy and as much fun as it used to be.

Now if I could just figure out what to do with the three ink cartridges that I bought for the Epson just before it conked out forever! If you could use two color and one black ink cartridge model 740i, let me know and you can have them for a small price (I paid about $25 per and I would sell them for $10 apiece.)

No comments: