Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Did you know...

that there are two Mesdames Kitty? There's me, of course, and then there's the other one. I'm Ms. and she's Miss, though we both have approximately the same marital status---non. We both love our cats, though she outdoes me in that category, being a world-class rescuer of abandoned animals. Miss K has a hen, too, named Myrtle Mae, and I don't. She has a much better touch with photos than I do and posts many pictures of her animals. Miss K lives in Georgia, where she tells me it is going to be up toward 100 degrees today and reassures me that I should be glad I'm not in Florida. Miss K is a college English professor and makes her living by teaching a wide range of students (lamebrain to genius) how to use the English language well.

I don't remember how I found Miss Kitty's blog, Educated & Poor, but I've been a faithful reader for over a year. Her sister, Mile High Pixie, lives in Denver, where I used to live, so I read her blog too, Why Architects Drink. Both these bloggerinas are funny and smart and I recommend them to you heartily.

But I digress. Miss Kitty just asked how my brother is doing and I intended to tell her, but I got sidetracked.

My brother is doing extremely well! Not that I expected anything else, but you never know. He will probably go home from the hospital this week. When I saw him last week, he was already planning the next thirty years of his life, something he has not been able to do for the past several years. His optimism is over the top, deservedly so. He has done everything possible to stay alive for 25 years and it's paying off, because he is an ideal transplant patient.

Thanks for asking, Miss K, and keep on being your entertaining, hilarious, loving self!

2 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Awww, thanks for the shout-out, Ms. K! And I'm SO glad your brother's doing all right. Thanks be to God!

Lilylou said...

You're so welcome, Miss K!