Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Experiment with Firefox

I'm experimenting with the options that Firefox allows a blogger. This is huge. This is tiny. This is BOLD (huh?).

This is normal size in italics. This is blue text. Here (oops, how did this get bolded? it's unhighlighted on the toolbar.) These are webdings. Arial. Georgia. Lucida Grande. Times. Trebuchet. Verdana.

Okay, the tabs don't seem to work quite like I would expect. Highlighting them doesn't do what I expect. The tabs apparently have to be highlighted in order NOT to do what I want them to do. And right now "Huge" is actually normal size type. Now "italic" is highlighted and doing what I want. But "bold" is also highlighted and it is not doing what I want. Hmmmm. Now I've used the shortcut to go to bold, and that worked. Now I've used the shortcut to leave italic and that worked. Hmmm.

I'
m not sure what's going on. Better check the help page. Nuttin. How come the size menu keeps hopping back to Huge from Normal Size but the size of the font doesn't actually become huge? Hmmmm.

What's this? It's large, unbolded, unitalicized text. Now it's huge, semi-bolded text. What if I bold it? What if I italicize it? What if I make the text blue? This is supposed to be Arial large. This is supposed to be Courier large. This is Courier normal. This is Courier Small. And COurier tiny.



9 comments:

LinguistFriend said...

Well, from this point of view it appears that you lost it and wrote things that a minister never should. I suspect that you will figure it out by the time that I return from my trip tomorrow to a professional meeting in Miami
Beach. In the meantime, tsk. tsk. tsk, as they used to say.
LinguistFriend

Lilylou said...

Fortunately, I don't feel a need to do anything fancy with the blog, except for possibly posting a picture now and again and including a link, which my other browser, Safari, doesn't do well.

But it's fun to experiment. And the non-ministerial things I might have said were in my own head only. I'm not a techie and don't much care about the details, but I get frustrated when I can't figure out the way something works. Usually I find that I haven't really followed the directions but have done things intuitively rather than rationally.

I hope Miami Beach has better weather than we are expecting here tomorrow.

Christina Martin said...

Thank you for not blinking. :)

Chalicechick said...

I was doing pulled quotes for awhile with rext that looked like that, but it was SO hard to get it right and it took so much time...

CC

Joel said...

Oh, Lord, the fonts! The fonts! Make it stop! Arrrggghhhhh!

Robin Edgar said...

That's another fine mess you've got us into Ollie. . . er I mean Kitty. ;-)

Lilylou said...

Back after a power outage of 24 hours. More later.

Lilylou said...

Good grief, who would have suspected that a mere experimental post with the various Firefox tabs would engender such a response! Take heart, I won't do it again.

Berrysmom said...

I, too, use Safari as my usual browser, but I post all my blog entries in Firefox. I actually write them out in Word until I get them just right, spell checked, nuanced and perfect. Then it's copy and past into the Firefox version of the blog. Seems to work pretty well for me. Photos yet to come; that's a challenge for me and Berry's Dad to work out.

J